Day Light Savings time changes on March 11

Bill Campbell freebsd at celestial.com
Thu Feb 22 17:12:38 UTC 2007

On Thu, Feb 22, 2007, Christian Baer wrote:
>On Wed, 21 Feb 2007 13:55:05 -0500 DAve wrote:
>
>> I noticed Yahoo switched to GMT. Is anyone else running all their
>> servers on GMT?
>
>Actually, all of my Unix Boxes have been running UTC as far as I can
>remember. :-)
>
>Or am I missing the issue here?

I think the issue is how localtime displays dates.

This whole ``problem'' is a typical example of brainless
politicians (but I repeat myself) doing things that cause far
more problems then they ostensibly solve.

Bill
--
INTERNET:   bill at Celestial.COM  Bill Campbell; Celestial Software LLC

``Intellectually, teachers fall between education theorists and bright
cocker spaniels. (Probably closer to the education theorists. The AKC has
been doing wonders with spaniels.) If you think I'm kidding look at the
GREs for education majors, whose scores are the lowest of all fields, and
remember that these are the smart ones.'' -- http://www.FredOnEverything.net