ADSL-2 internal modem ?

Norberto Meijome freebsd at meijome.net
Mon Feb 19 23:19:05 UTC 2007

On Sun, 18 Feb 2007 13:01:51 -0800
"Ted Mittelstaedt" <tedm at toybox.placo.com> wrote:

> From: "Ted Mittelstaedt" <tedm at toybox.placo.com>
> To: "Norberto Meijome" <freebsd at meijome.net>, "Derek Ragona"
> <derek at computinginnovations.com> Cc: <freebsd-questions at freebsd.org>
> Subject: Re: ADSL-2 internal modem ?
> Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2007 13:01:51 -0800
>

> Get the instructions from your ISP for setting up a bridged modem
> with PPP under Windows.  Do the same thing for FreeBSD except
> use PPPoE under FreeBSD.

Thanks Ted - I was wondering whether such thing as an internal PCI ADSL2 modem
exists (and is supported by FreeBSD ) - I can easily do the bridged modem
connected via ethernet to my BSD box.

thanks!

{Beto|Norberto|Numard} Meijome

"I abhor a system designed for the 'user', if that word is a coded pejorative
meaning 'stupid and unsophisticated'. Ken Thompson

Warned.