Update and install new packages immediate after installation

satimis satimis at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 19 13:03:25 UTC 2007

Hi folks,

FreeBSD-6.2-amd64

Just finished installing the captioned OS which is now working.  There is no
major desktop running on the OS, such as KDE/Gnome/Xfce, as well as some
other necessary applications.  I'll erase the OS soon to make another
installation with new partitions arrangement.  On the 2nd round I'll also
make the same installation.

Please advise after installation completed how to read on CVS on the website
to fetch fresh ports and src tree that I need installing further packages
and updating the system.  Also how to read about its package management and
how to startup.  I expect first to update the system before doing any
further installations and/or customizations. Pointers would be appreciated.
TIA

B.R.
satimis