Easy USB-drive automounter and "filemanager" for nontechies?

Roland Smith rsmith at xs4all.nl
Thu Feb 15 19:14:03 UTC 2007

On Thu, Feb 15, 2007 at 06:02:14PM +0400, Gaspar Chilingarov wrote:
> Please look on post in my blog
>
> http://unixtipsandtricks.blogspot.com/
>
> I've just created post with detailed instruction,
> how to setup automounter on FreeBSD to mount USB and CDROM devices.

Your setup will work fine for the CD-ROM. But it assumes that you will
only use one USB mass storage device at a time, and that all USB mass
storage devices are formatted with an msdosfs filesystem.

You should have a look at devd (in the base system) or hal
(/usr/ports/sysutils/hal) for mounting USB mass-storage devices.

Roland