How to configure mount options for KDE Mediamanager

knizek at volny.cz knizek at volny.cz
Thu Feb 15 18:41:16 UTC 2007

Hello,

I am not able to find how to configure KDE Mediamanager to mount USB
removable
media without "noexec" option.

I have tried to comment lines allowing "noexec" option
in /usr/local/share/hal/fdi/policy/10osvendor/20-storage-methods.fdi
and
restart hald, however, it seems that KDE has its own policies.

I get the point that security is the preference here, however, I am using
encrypted wallet (both win/linux application + data file) on my flash
disk
and would prefer running it directly from the flash disk, rather then
from a
separate installation from the hard-drive.

Regards,
--
Milan Knížek
http://milan-knizek.net/

I am not able to find how to configure KDE Mediamanager to mount USB
removable
media without "noexec" option.

I have tried to comment lines allowing "noexec" option
in /usr/local/share/hal/fdi/policy/10osvendor/20-storage-methods.fdi
and
restart hald, however, it seems that KDE has its own policies.

I get the point that security is the preference here, however, I am using
an
encrypted wallet (both win/linux application + data file) on my flash
disk
and would prefer running it directly from the flash disk, rather then
from a
separate installation from the hard-drive.

Regards,
--
Milan Knížek
http://milan-knizek.net/
e-mail knizek {na} volny {v} cz

--
Nosice lyzi THULE za bezkonkurencni ceny!
http://www.sportobchod.cz/nosice/nosice-lyzi