serious performance problems with 6.2 Release

Greg Barniskis nalists at scls.lib.wi.us
Thu Feb 15 18:12:39 UTC 2007

Ted Mittelstaedt wrote:
>>> questions isn't for bugs.  I don't mean to be rude but you won't get the
>>> problem fixed by bitching about it on this mailing list.

Good gravy. They're not asking -questions for a fix, they're asking
for guidance on how to isolate the root cause of the problem. Quoth
the OP: "*what are we missing?*"

That is perfectly germane for -questions and only /after/ that
question is answered would it be appropriate to use send-pr. Using
send-pr to submit a poorly defined problem ("too much load") is not
going to result in a project committer magically finding and fixing
an unknown OS bug.

> Steven H. Baeighkley wrote:
>> If bugs is the correct list then that's where we'll send it. However we
>> were not initially thinking it was a bug. We were thinking it was a
>> configuration error on our part.

That's a reasonable assumption actually. Sorry I don't have any
specific suggestions for you except to second the motion that you
ignore Ted's assertion that you should give up on -questions. It's
entirely possible that there's a tunable knob or app compilation
option that will help you out.

South Central Library System (SCLS)
Library Interchange Network (LINK)
<gregb at scls.lib.wi.us>, (608) 266-6348