Apache Rotate Logs and Log Rotate

Peter Pluta peter at placidpublishing.net
Thu Feb 15 07:27:22 UTC 2007

I have Apache making separate log files for each of my virtual hosts and
putting them in /home/vhostname/log. Rotate logs makes a new log every
24 hours, but the logs quickly add up and since the sites are fairly
busy the logs are at times over 5gigs. Is there any way to make rotate
logs delete the log files after two days? Someone recommended me Log
Rotate (from the ports tree), but this program does basically what
Rotate logs does; except it makes things more complicated because it
needs to restart apache and such. Is there a easy way to just have
Apache's rotatelogs rotate the logs and then delete them after two days?

Any feedback, suggestions, or comments would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Peter