Compile of Python 2.4.4 core dumps

Rob Gallagher rob at redbrick.dcu.ie
Wed Feb 14 21:26:54 UTC 2007

Hi Niclas,

On Wed, Feb 14, 2007 at 01:54:36PM +0100, Niclas Zeising wrote:

> Usually if a compile coredumps it's due to faulty memory or other
> hardware. Might be good to check that first. Especially since it
> worked flawlessly on another box.
> HTH
> //Niclas

Thanks for the reply. I'm unsure if it's down to faulty memory because the machine is very new
and I don't get core dumps when compiling or running any other software. Also, in my experience
hardware faults have caused compiles to behave erraticlly, ie: bombing out at random stages in
the build process - this core dump always occurs at exactly the same point (compilation of the
curses module).

ps: sorry about not wrapping my lines in the original post! ;-)

rg

--
"We have an announcement to make... uh...  on July 4th of this
 year, America will blow up the moon."