Forcing a portupgrade?

Bob bob at tamara-b.org
Tue Feb 13 23:06:17 UTC 2007

On Tue, 13 Feb 2007 16:48:10 -0600
Chris <racerx at makeworld.com> wrote:

> the Op may have installed portaudit without understanding
> what it means and does.

I Installed portaudit to alert me of port vulnerabilities. I get a
daily security report, and upgrade the necessary software accordingly.
This has worked flawlessly since day one of my freebsd install
(October). For about a month now, my only un-resolved vulnerability has
been Mozilla. I decided that the vulnerability was of little concern to
me, and wanted to update Mozilla for other-than-security reasons
(frequent core dumps).

I didn't know about the command line option to make which you mentioned
in a previous post.

Thanks again, and I look forward to your upcoming post.

Best Regards
Bob

--
 /"\
 \ /    ASCII Ribbon Campaign        -  Motor Vessel Tamara B