unqualified host name

RawDevelopment admin at rawdev.co.nz
Mon Feb 12 23:10:20 UTC 2007

Hi there :-)
I just installed FreeBSD 6.2 and during the setup process I setup my network card. Now I did this twice, first time when setting up my card I gave the hostname 'mylan' thinking I could put almost anything in there - now when the machine booted just after starting sshd I get

My unqualified host name (mylan) unknown; sleeping for retry.

and this would make the system wait for about 2-3 minutes as it tried to more times.

So I reinstalled and this time set the hostname to localhost.... same thing happens..

not sure what is should be to get rid of this error.

Thanks
Nick