DJBDNS missing from ports?

RW fbsd06 at mlists.homeunix.com
Mon Feb 12 22:14:06 UTC 2007

On Sun, 11 Feb 2007 11:43:43 +0100
Roger Olofsson <raggen at passagen.se> wrote:

> Dear Mailing List,
>
> After a recent buildworld (6.2-STABLE FreeBSD) and portsnap fetch
> portversion reported djbdns as being in need of an upgrade, however
> portupgrade just exits like so:
>
> # portupgrade -Rr djbdns-ipv6
> #
>
> ie, nothing happens.
>
> A quick locate djbdns | grep ports gave the results that it might be
> on the move from ports/dns to ports/net but there are no files for it
> in net and the one in dns looks to be the one I have installed.

pkg_info -o "*djbdns*"

will tell you the full package name and origin

However a similar thing recently happened to me, after the move of
portupgrade to a new category. I tried to run portupgrade on a port
and nothing happened. I'm not sure why it worked, because I didn't get
"Command not found", but typing rehash fixed it.