Newbie--new install on Core 2 Duo?

Dr. Jennifer Nussbaum bg271828 at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 12 18:02:09 UTC 2007

Ive never installed FreeBSD by myself, its always been installed for me by someone. But im planning on getting a new laptop soon, thinking of the ThinkPad T60, which now has a Intel Core 2 Due processor.

What do i need to do to make sure i'm getting the use of both cores? I read through the Handbook on Installation and it doesnt say anything about this.

Thanks. Any other thoughts welcome! Im a little nervous about this, but the T60 seems to be well supported.

Jen