atheros - Linksys WPC55AG causes system hangs periodically

George ggal-freebsd at vsecurity.com
Sun Feb 11 22:06:26 UTC 2007

Hello,

I've been having issues with a PCMCIA based atheros card (Linksys
WPC55AG [ver 1.2]) where after some time the device causes the system to
stop responding until I pop the card out.  At that point I get the
following error messages:

ath0: ath_reset: unable to reset hardware; hal status 3

I'm using the card on a Dell Latitude D600, and don't seem to have an
issue with other PCMCIA cards.

I'm curious if others have experienced the same issue before?

Regards,
 George