jail question

Dino Vliet dino_vliet at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 11 11:54:02 UTC 2007

Hi folks,

I'm installing a nice system to use as my multimedia
box and already succeeded with geom-mirror. I want to
use a jail to isolate the p2p applications like
amule/emule and want to make sure that they only write
to an encrypted disk (currently RTFM on geli and gbde)

However, I was wondering what happens with a jail if I
update the host system due to a security issue or
something else (recompile kernel and install world).
Do I need to define the jail again? If not, won't the
files in the jail stay at their previous versions
although the host system has been updated to a new
version?

Or should I just RTFM on jails and come back a few
weeks from now:-)

Thanks in advanced.