Slimtype DVDRW SOSW-833S VRS2

Olivier Regnier oregnier at steelbox.org
Sat Feb 10 20:50:07 UTC 2007

Hello,

I just joined the list so i hope this is the correct list for this type
of problem. I installed on my laptop Acer Aspire 3000 from a DOS
partition because i can't use my cdrom. When i boot from cdrom i get a
various messages that says :

acd0: FAILURE - TEST_UNIT_READY timed out
acd0: FAILURE - PREVENT_ALLOW timed out
acd0: FAILURE - TEST_UNIT_READY timed out
acd0: FAILURE - TEST_UNIT_READY timed out

or :

acd0: WARNING - TEST_UNIT_READY taskqueue timeout - completing request directly
acd0: WARNING - TEST_UNIT_READY freeing taskqueue zombie request
acd0: WARNING - PREVENT_ALLOW taskqueue timeout - completing request directly
acd0: WARNING - PREVENT_ALLOW freeing taskqueue zombie request

For information, my dvd burner is a Slimtype DVDRW SOSW-833S VRS2.

After my installation, i decided to test with atapicam driver my dvd
burner.

Relevant output of cdrecord -scanbus

scsibus1:
             1,0,0 100) 'Slimtype' 'DVDRW SOSW-833S' 'VRS2' Removable CD-ROM

I have an ATAPI CD burner then i used burncd command to burn an ISO
image onto a CD :
burncd -f /dev/acd0 -e data 6.2-RELEASE-I386-bootonly.iso

and i get an error that says :

next writeable LBA 311
writing from file 6.2-RELEASE-I386-bootonly.iso size 24848 KB

Input/output error

What do you think about my problems ? For the moment, i can't install
correctly FreeBSD from cdrom, i can't listen to music from cdrom, i
can't burn cd/dvd.

Thank you.

--
Cheers,