(no subject)

Jerry McAllister jerrymc at msu.edu
Fri Feb 9 15:54:47 UTC 2007

On Fri, Feb 09, 2007 at 03:50:01PM +0600, ???? ????? ??????????? (ws44) wrote:

> Hello!
>
> Are there some utils to release Inact memory, which can be viewed by
> top-utility? In time all Free Memory flows to Inact Memory, and we
> have real problem with performance of our router. After I reboot
> server, problem disapears for one or two days. I REALLY need any way
> to clean up router's memory and move it from Inact to Free state
> without rebooting..
>
> Kind regards, with hope, Ellad Yatsko.

First, please use a meaningful subject on your posts.
Most of us just delete messages with no subject.  I just
happened to see this only because I accidently hit the enter
key before delete.

I think you misunderstand memory use in the system.
The system automatically frees memory as it needs.
There is nothing for you to do.   It is extremely
unlikely that memory allocation is any problem with
routing.

You need to look at more specific information from
your logs and maybe other sources connected to the
routing.

////jerry