Low-cost dedicated FreeBSD server or non-jail VPS?

Jay Chandler chandler.lists at chapman.edu
Thu Feb 8 19:59:29 UTC 2007

Jerry McAllister wrote:
>> The problem with this approach is that it doesn't get you a static IP
>> with proper rDNS and a host of other things...
>>

> It does if you buy an ISP account that includes a static IP and
> does DNS for you or you set up your own DNS and register the server.
>
> ////jerry

I wish that I had that option.

I live three blocks away from DisneyLand, and can't get DSL.  That
leaves Time Warner Cable, and they want highway robbery for a static
IP-- at least $120 a month.  For that much I'll colocate.

--
Jay Chandler
Network Administrator, Chapman University
714.628.7249 / chandler at chapman.edu
Today's Excuse: Too many interrupts