memory above 4Gb ignored

Thomas Sparrevohn thomas.sparrevohn at btinternet.com
Thu Feb 8 02:12:25 UTC 2007

On 6 Feb 2007, at 12:23, Bill Moran wrote:

I don't know whether its related - I just got a brand new Dell XPS
710 H2C with a QX6700 - The
system uses the Nvidia 590 chipset - It has 4GB memory and Two GTX
8800 7xx MB
graphics cards even with PAE enabled it only finds 2,5GB - However I
am not sure how
well the Nvidia 590 for Intel Works - Identcpu states that there is
only 4MB of cache etc