Low-cost dedicated FreeBSD server or non-jail VPS?

Jay Chandler chandler.lists at chapman.edu
Thu Feb 8 01:34:52 UTC 2007

Derek Ragona wrote:
> FreeBSD runs on most i386 based hardware as long as you have 64 MB ram
> or more.  So you can recycle an old desktop PC to run FreeBSD and then
> have at it.  Or buy a cheap new desktop or refurbished.
>
>         -Derek

The problem with this approach is that it doesn't get you a static IP
with proper rDNS and a host of other things...

I'd have interest in the answer to this question as well, as a jailed
environment isn't quite what I want either.

--
Jay Chandler
Network Administrator, Chapman University
714.628.7249 / chandler at chapman.edu
Today's Excuse: Too many interrupts