Low-cost dedicated FreeBSD server or non-jail VPS?

Kelly Jones kelly.terry.jones at gmail.com
Thu Feb 8 01:01:19 UTC 2007

I'm looking to rent a low-cost FreeBSD dedicated server or VPS with
root access. For a VPS, I realize this is really psuedo-root access.

I once rented a VPS on a FreeBSD box that was split into virtual boxes
using "jail", but wasn't happy with it. So, if it's not a dedicated
box, I'm looking for something like Virtuozzo, Xen, vmware running
FreeBSD as a guest OS, etc.

The box doesn't have to be super-fast or have lots of disk space: just
looking for something that will let me play around with ports, pf, run
experiments, etc

Does anyone have any suggestions?