Question:encryption tool.

David Robillard david.robillard at gmail.com
Tue Feb 6 18:25:20 UTC 2007

On 2/6/07, Dak Ghatikachalam <dghatikachalam at gmail.com> wrote:
[...snip!...]

> Thanks a lot  , but we are on Oracle9i  database, the Oracle secure backup
> they are talking would be nice on 10G onwards

Well, not according to the FAQ. Here is what it says:

-- What Oracle database versions does Oracle Secure Backup support?
Oracle Secure Backup installs with a native integration of Oracle
Database's via Oracle Recovery Manager (RMAN), which supports Oracle9i
forward.

So if you're running 9i, you should be alrgiht.

You can get your hands on the FAQ at
http://www.oracle.com/technology/products/secure-backup/pdf/FAQ.pdf

HTH,

David