recovery after power outage

Marty Landman martster at gmail.com
Tue Feb 6 17:18:40 UTC 2007

My fbsd 6.0 box is having filesystem problems on boot since a blackout
yesterday. Here's a synopsis:

/dev/ad0s1a: clean
/dev/ad0s1d: DEFER FOR BACKGROUND CHECKING
...repeats for ad0s1f & e
then reports error=40<UNCORRECTABLE> for ad1 (twice) and reports an
unexpected inconsistency for my ad1s1c device which is the primary slave hd.

Tells me to run fsck manually and asks which shell I want. Maybe this is my
fault for not partitioning appropriately, can't get to many commands
including fsck guess it's because of the fs problems.

How can I try and recover from this?

Marty

--
Web Installed Formmail - http://face2interface.com/formINSTal/