Question:encryption tool.

David Robillard david.robillard at gmail.com
Tue Feb 6 14:02:11 UTC 2007

> Thanks a lot, Our current backup system is veritas netbackup,  and changing
> that to entire bacula is best thing for me,

May I ask why you would prefer Bacula over NetBackup? I'm just
curious, because having worked with both, I personally prefer
NetBackup.

> so they wanted me encrypt these files,  that is on the backup location
> before the netbackup scheduler picks up these files.
>
> Database is getting backed up to a disk location and from there netbackup
> agent picks up and writes it into the tape , but we have these 13 flat files
> that go into offsite which really needs encryption and decryption logic in
> place upon   after restore back to disk .

If those databases are all Oracle instances, then you might want to
take a look at Oracle Secure Backup. It does exactly what you need.

More info here:
http://www.oracle.com/technology/products/secure-backup/index.html

Cheers,

David