how do i find libphp4.so??

Richard Lynch ceo at l-i-e.com
Mon Feb 5 06:27:34 UTC 2007

On Sun, February 4, 2007 12:45 am, Gary Kline wrote:
> 	This is getting sranger and strangr.  (BTW, I'll check the
> 	pkg-plist files; I forgot that; thanks.)
>
> 	On my ThinkPad, I have cloned my web files and php works.
> 	There is a different apache/httpd.conf file on my laptop,
> 	but only slightly: it lacks my many vitural websites.
> 	zen.thought.org has the same php4.* ports as on my real
> 	webserver. Fewer, in fact.  On zen, the libphp4.so was
> 	(by default, obviously) commented.  On my webserver, I had
> 	uncommented it.  This is the only diffrence I can think of
> 	that makes any sense.  On zen, my php pages display.  Here
> 	(ns1.thought.org) I get the "Firefox does not know" etc,
> 	and asks if it should save the page.
>
> 	I'm utterly, completely stumped.  Ideas?

First, is libphp4.so in that directory or not?

If not, install the PHP 4 port and it will be.

Next, if you managed to screw up httpd.conf so that it doesn't "know"
that .php files are supposed to be run through PHP, then you'll get
the message you are seeing.  So check your httpd.conf settings
carefully.

--
Some people have a "gift" link here.
Know what I want?