SOT: How to install non-standard LaTeX fonts

Erik Norgaard norgaard at locolomo.org
Sun Feb 4 11:16:05 UTC 2007

Hi:

I know this may be slightly off topic, but I see many non-standard latex
fonts (http://www.tug.dk/FontCatalogue/) not included in ports, that I'd
like to use, for example those distributed with the emerald package.

Now, I have two problems:

- The documentation seems to apply to all distributions of LaTeX but
teTeX. How do I install and make latex/pdflatex aware of these new fonts?

- Installing non-standard fonts not included in ports in the standard
paths will mess things up, is it possible to install these in a user
defined path? I am aware of the TEXINPUTS environment variable, is there
something similar, like FONTINPUTS, I need to set?

Thanks, Erik
--
Ph: +34.666334818                      web: http://www.locolomo.org