Dhcpd authorisation

WizLayer wizlayer at gmail.com
Sun Feb 4 01:31:31 UTC 2007

On Saturday 03 February 2007 17:03, venchev at mail.orbitel.bg proclaimed:
> Hello,
>
> Do you know any way to put an authentication wih ISC Dhcpd server for a lan
> network users ?
>
> Thanks in advance

Not sure what you mean by authorization, but if you're talking about
user/shhh, then I doubt it.  You can specify IPs by MAC, though.  Then if
you're wanting to keep specific MACs from connecting at all, add a drop quick
rule to pf.

I haven't tried it, but if you assign all desired MACs an IP, and leave none
to spare, then how would dhcpd react (would it fill screen with errors or
would it simply deny the additional requests)?

Interesting.  Probably wasn't much help, but there ya go.

WizLayer