FreeBSD 6.3 or 7.0 Release?

Jerry McAllister jerrymc at msu.edu
Mon Dec 24 08:29:09 PST 2007

On Sat, Dec 22, 2007 at 10:51:29PM -0430, Julian Bolivar wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> Mi question is because checking the FreeBSD 6.3 and 7.0  Release schedule,
> I note that version 6.3 is upcoming and few days later 7.0 will be
> releaced, anyone know if this schedule is updated or is in time? or only
> one of both will be released?

Yhe are not "scheduled" dates but rather are estimates made based on
how it appears things are progressing.   You might call them 'best
guesses'.   FreeBSD does not make release "schedules" per se.

I am guessing from discussion that was posted a couple of weeks ago,
that the actual releases will be a couple of weeks or so past those
estimates, but it sounds like things are getting pretty close.

////jerry