6.2 and Asus A7N8X-E

At Home athome at dreamchaser.org
Thu Dec 20 09:34:15 PST 2007

I've got an extra Asus A7N8X-E mobo I'm trying to bring 6.2 up on.
   AMD 3200+, Barton
   2G PC-3200 rom, 1G OCZ and 1G Kingston valueram
   Seagate ES ST3250820NS Sata drives jumpered for 1.5GB only
   NVidia FX5600 AGP display adapter

I checked the archives and found comments about disabling ACPI, which I've
done, but it still hangs at various points in the process of loading up the
disk.

I've tried turning off the on-board SATA controller and using an Adaptec
SATA controller with no improvement.  I've also tried slowing the clock and
a few other de-optimizations, to no avail.

Is this basically a bad idea, or is there some piece of the puzzle I'm
missing?  Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Gary