OSS Virtualization options ...

Norberto Meijome freebsd at meijome.net
Thu Dec 20 02:55:31 PST 2007

On Thu, 20 Dec 2007 18:43:22 +1100
Norberto Meijome <freebsd at meijome.net> wrote:

> wrt to QEMU,i don't think is fast enough to make it worth it - i think you'd gain more by moving a bit to the side of freebsd for the host and using other options (linux+ Vmware + freebsd as guest)

I meant this in the context of using QEMU to run multiple simultaneous VMs for server virtualisation. I think it works OK(ish) for , say, running Windows on your bsd box....but i don't think you can compare it to something like Xen or VMWare or MS Virtual Server

probably a bit behind Qemu in speed would be BOCHS, though I think it is a bit more flexible wrt to the machines emulated.

{Beto|Norberto|Numard} Meijome

I sense much NT in you.
NT leads to Bluescreen.
Bluescreen leads to downtime.