cvsup not getting 'everything' with standard-supfile?

Manolis Kiagias sonicy at otenet.gr
Wed Dec 19 15:12:41 PST 2007

Steve Franks wrote:
> I see folks talking about building snd_hda on 6.2, but when I cvsup,
> /usr/src/sys/modules/sound/driver/hda doesn't exist.  I'm using an
> unmodified (except for the url) standard-supfile, which has "src-all"
> in big letters uncommented at the top, so I find the lack of anything
> a bit surprising - any ideas?
>
> Steve

The standard supfile will only get you to 6.2-RELEASE-p9
The snd_hda driver is only present in 6.2-STABLE (use stable-supfile)
and, of course 6.3-RC and 7.0-BETA
If you do not wish to move to 6.2-STABLE and make buildworld and all
this, you may wish to get the ready module for 6.2-RELEASE and load it
via /boot/loader.conf

More instructions at this older post:

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-questions/2007-August/155261.html

Manolis