Ethernet Card Times out on Transfer of Large Files

W. D. WD at US-Webmasters.com
Sun Dec 16 23:08:04 PST 2007

Hello Gentlemen:

The NVidia Ethernet card, nve0, seems to burp on transfers
of large files.  After browsing the Web, apparently this
is a fairly common problem:

http://www.google.com/search?q=nve0+device+timeout+FreeBSD

From what I can tell, this seems to be the best, most recent
fix:
http://www.f.csce.kyushu-u.ac.jp/~shigeaki/software/freebsd-nfe.html

Could anyone please point me to some instructions on
how to compile, install, and load this driver?

When running "make install", this error shows up:

"/usr/share/mk/bsd.kmod.mk", line 12 "can't find kernel source tree"

Thank you so much for any light you can shed on this
problem.

Start Here to Find It Fast!™ -> http://www.US-Webmasters.com/best-start-page/
$8.77 Domain Names -> http://domains.us-webmasters.com/