Apparently, csh programming is considered harmful.

Giorgos Keramidas keramida at ceid.upatras.gr
Thu Dec 13 18:25:58 PST 2007

On 2007-12-13 18:05, Chad Perrin <perrin at apotheon.com> wrote:
> I ran across this today:
>
>   http://www.faqs.org/faqs/unix-faq/shell/csh-whynot/
>
> Title:
>   Csh Programming Considered Harmful
>
> I wonder what responses I might get here, and how much of this applies
> to tcsh as well (I'm still not exactly a tcsh expert).

Most of the points made in the FAQ about scripting large `applications'
with csh ring a bell for me.  Now, having said that, /bin/sh is nice for
small to medium-sized scripts, but there is a certain point where even
sh(1) becomes annoying.

Do you have any _particular_ parts of the csh-whynot article that you
would like to discuss, or this is a free for all flame? :)