Skype problem

AN andy at neu.net
Thu Dec 13 04:05:35 PST 2007

I just installed Skype on 6.3prerelease, and tried to login as an existing
user as I had already created an account on a Windoze machine.  When I try to login from
my BSD box the Skype login window says that its connecting but nothing
happens.

If I use tcpdump on the interface I can see packets I think are going to
Skype but I'm not sure.  There does not seem to be much to configure, am I
missing something?  I also tried to create a new account, but same thing,
it says connecting but it never does.  I am able to use Skype from a
windoze box on the same network.  I am behind a firewall, but I let all
connections out, so that should not be the problem.

Any ideas?

TIA