RELENG_7 and diablo-jdk

Heiko Wundram (Beenic) wundram at beenic.net
Wed Dec 12 06:51:20 PST 2007

Am Mittwoch, 12. Dezember 2007 11:06:13 schrieb Daniel Molina Wegener:
> ¿Is there any problem if I run diablo-jdk-1.5_07 under RELENG_7?
> I mean, ¿is the diablo-jdk binary compatible with RELENG_7?

Yes, there are/were quite some problems (which may not become immediately
apparent with "standard" use but will as soon as you use Java software such
as the sun-wtk). Generally, you'll want to build the sun-jdks on RELENG_7,
using the diablo-jdk as a bootstapper and removing it after at least one
other jdk has been installed.

Instructions for downloading the sources and BSD-patches for the sun-jdks are
in ports (i.e., "cd /usr/ports/java/jdk1<x>; make" will tell you what to do).

--
Heiko Wundram
Product & Application Development