PF with VLAN's - Reference Physical Interface or VLAN Interface?

Michael K. Smith - Adhost mksmith at adhost.com
Thu Dec 6 11:25:46 PST 2007

Hello All:

Thanks to everyone for the hints on carp_alias interfaces.  On a second note, we are implementing 802.1Q trunked interfaces.  So, our pre-vlan configuration is:

$ext_if="em1"

And an associated NAT rule is:

nat on $ext_if from $mail_in01_int to any -> $mail_in01_ext

With the addition of VLAN's, em1 won't have an IP address.  Instead, the addresses of $mail_in01_int and $mail_in01_ext will be on the VLAN interfaces.  So, my question is, does the rule above stay the same or should it now be:

$vlan2_if="vlan2"

nat on $vlan2_if from $mail_in01_int to any -> $mail_in01_ext

Regards,

Mike