laptop

Tek Bahadur Limbu teklimbu at wlink.com.np
Sun Dec 2 23:58:34 PST 2007

Hi James,

Pandy, James R SGT NG NG FORSCOM wrote:
> Hello
>
> How is it going.
>
> I'm geting ready to go over to Iraq on Dec 6th.
>
> I've used Linux for a few years now. A frind of mine sead that he would set up a laptop for me with FreeBSD as soon as I pick one up.  I will not use MicroSoft WinBlows
>
> I looking to do mostly games on it but I'll also use it for the net and other things.
>
> If you were me what laptop would you look for. I'm thinking of the P4 type mabe a dule cord, around $700 to $1000 on ebay.

You should easily get a ThinkPad T30/T40 (P4-2.0 GHz/512MB RAM/60GB HDD)
on Ebay for about U.S.$350. But there are refurbished and not brand new.

Since you mentioned your budget of $700 - $1000, why not just buy a
brand new ThinkPad R61i or ThinkPad T61 which comes under $1,000?

Of course, FreeBSD is a great OS which can be used on your laptop. In
fact, 75% of my servers are based on FreeBSD.

But since you mentioned that the primarily use of this laptop will be
for gaming purposes, I don't think that FreeBSD is the right OS for this
stuff. Of course, I could be wrong because I don't play games on my
FreeBSD desktop.

But you are free to try the gaming stuff on FreeBSD and provide us the
feedback!

Anyway, SGT, take good care of yourself out there in Iraq.

Thanking you...

> If you need to get ahold of my here is 2 e-mail address:
>
> james.pandy at us.army.mil
> lonewolfen359 at yahoo.com
>
> Thank you for any help that you can give me on this.
>
> James Pandy

With best regards and good wishes,

Yours sincerely,

Tek Bahadur Limbu