Problem with mkisofs -dvd-video

Jeremy Gransden jeremy.gransden at gmail.com
Sun Dec 2 19:09:15 PST 2007

HI List,

What is the correct procedure to create a dvd-video iso. I have tried the
following and receive an error:

[jeremy at icipher ~]$ mkisofs -dvd-video -o ~/develip.iso -R ~/develop_spin/
Using PSA07000.VOB;1 for  /PSA074781-2.VOB (PSA074781-1.VOB)
mkisofs: Unable to make a DVD-Video image.
[jeremy at icipher ~]$

I searched google and did not find much of information. I read several
articles about the case of the file names, but my files are uppercase as
they suggested. I can create iso's without the -dvd-video switch, but not
with.

I also saw a suggestion to use the development version of cdrtools, but I
get the same results.

Any suggestions are much appreciated.

thanks,
Jeremy