sshfs - fuse: failed to open fuse device: No such file or directory

Mel fbsd.questions at rachie.is-a-geek.net
Fri Aug 31 14:33:38 PDT 2007

On Friday 31 August 2007 23:09:33 Laszlo Nagy wrote:

> neptunus# sshfs fileshare at fileshare:/usr/fileshare/pub /usr/fileshare/pub
> fuse: bad mount point `/usr/fileshare/pub': Bad file descriptor
> neptunus# ls -l /usr/fileshare/
> ls: pub: Bad file descriptor
> total 22

> This is interesting. Now I have a special node called "pub" in that
> directory and I cannot delete it. What is wrong? :-)

Looks like your mount point didn't exist before connecting.

No idea how to get rid of that bad descriptor - but if you:

mkidr /usr/fileshare/mnt
sshfs fileshare at fileshare:/usr/fileshare/pub /usr/fileshare/mnt

(assuming /usr/fileshare/pub is a directory on server fileshare) things should
work correctly.

I do hope fileshare isn't the local machine, cause then you're mounting the
directory on itself using ssh/fuse......eew, messy.
--
Mel