Cannot rebuild Sendmail (with sasl2) **FIXED**

brad davison demonichandextensions at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 31 11:37:38 PDT 2007

I would like to send a heartfelt 'THANK YOU' to everyone who contributed
info to this thread.  I had to use bits a pieces of everyone's input to make
it finally do what I wanted it to do.. which it finally does!

in the end.. what my ultimate problem was.. was the /usr/obj directory.  I
must not have cleaned it out entirely.

so what i did was:
# chflags -R noschg /usr/obj/usr
# rm -rf /usr/obj/usr
# cd /usr/src
# make cleandir
# make cleandir
# cd /usr/src/lib/libsmutil
# make cleandir
# make cleandir && make obj && make
# cd /usr/src/lib/libsm
# make cleandir
# make cleandir && make obj && make
# cd /usr/src/usr.sbin/sendmail
# make cleandir
# make cleandir && make obj && make && make install

with this in my make.conf:
PERL_VER=5.8.8
PERL_VERSION=5.8.8

SENDMAIL_CFLAGS=-I/usr/local/include/sasl -DSASL
SENDMAIL_LDFLAGS=-L/usr/local/lib
SENDMAIL_LDADD=-lsasl2

I did have to modify what I had in my make.conf because it had -DSASL=2
instead of just -DSASL
so I hope this helps another FBSD lowbie.

I am gaining lots of respect for this Good Software.  I will probably be
putting FBSD in where I have other linux installations as the hardware gets
replaced.

THANK YOU AGAIN EVERYONE FOR YOUR HELP!

250-ENHANCEDSTATUSCODES
250-PIPELINING