pf rdr + netsed : reinject loop...

Norberto Meijome freebsd at meijome.net
Fri Aug 31 08:11:22 PDT 2007

On Fri, 31 Aug 2007 13:33:53 +0200
Daniel Hartmeier <daniel at benzedrine.cx> wrote:

> b) Instead of replacing the destination address in pf with rdr, try
> leaving it as it is, but use route-to (lo0) to get the packet routed to
> the loopback interface. This would require netsed to listen on
> INADDR_ANY (or use a raw socket, I haven't checked its source code).

Hi Daniel,
 I tried this but i only managed to lock up the BSD VM a couple of times (not even console access, so it was not just network affected). I am not sure if i've done this correctly ..

pass in on $int_if route-to 127.0.0.1 proto tcp from 172.16.82.81 to O.P.Q.R tag ROUTED keep state

is that ok ? ( tried also doing route-to 127.0.0.1 $external_addr with no visible change.) I have logging enabled specifically on lo0 , but i dont see any packets going through.

I am not entirely sure how netsed will pick up this packets. I've had netsed listening on *:{port} and 127.0.0.1:{port} and it obviously didnt make any difference. Could you point me to any reference / sample of what you mean?

thx again,

{Beto|Norberto|Numard} Meijome

I used to hate weddings; all the Grandmas would poke me and
say, "You're next sonny!" They stopped doing that when i
started to do it to them at funerals.