mysql in a jail not starting

Beech Rintoul beech at freebsd.org
Thu Aug 30 12:35:19 PDT 2007

On Thursday 30 August 2007, Jonathan Horne said:
> i have had many jails, and have never really had any problems with
> them until this one.  for some reason, mysql wont start.  nothing
> else is having any trouble starting, which is strange.
>
> is there a log file i can look in that might give me some clues as
> to whats going on?  mysql_enable="YES" is in my rc.conf, and when i
> start it i get:
>
> antares# /usr/local/etc/rc.d/mysql-server start
> Starting mysql.
> antares# /usr/local/etc/rc.d/mysql-server status
> mysql is not running.
>
> any tips for troubleshooting this would be apprciated.  TIA,

Read the *.err files in /var/db/mysql. It should tell you why it's
failing.

Beech

Beech Rintoul - FreeBSD Developer - beech at FreeBSD.org
/"\   ASCII Ribbon Campaign  | FreeBSD Since 4.x
\ / - NO HTML/RTF in e-mail   | http://www.freebsd.org
 X  - NO Word docs in e-mail | Latest Release:
/ \  - http://www.FreeBSD.org/releases/6.2R/announce.html