mysql in a jail not starting

Jonathan Horne freebsd at dfwlp.com
Thu Aug 30 12:17:37 PDT 2007

i have had many jails, and have never really had any problems with them until
this one.  for some reason, mysql wont start.  nothing else is having any
trouble starting, which is strange.

is there a log file i can look in that might give me some clues as to whats
going on?  mysql_enable="YES" is in my rc.conf, and when i start it i get:

antares# /usr/local/etc/rc.d/mysql-server start
Starting mysql.
antares# /usr/local/etc/rc.d/mysql-server status
mysql is not running.

any tips for troubleshooting this would be apprciated.  TIA,
--
Jonathan Horne
http://dfwlpiki.dfwlp.org
freebsd at dfwlp.com