Bonded multilink ADSL connection

Steve Bertrand iaccounts at ibctech.ca
Wed Aug 29 08:11:19 PDT 2007

Hi all,

I am attempting to create a bonded multilink connection with two ADSL
links to my upstream using FreeBSD.

Based on info I have read, I want/need to use mpd, however, I have not
found a definitive answer on whether mpd will actually act as a true
bonded connection as opposed to a load-balancer.

Essentially, can anyone help me out replicate what I have working on my
Cisco on FreeBSD? I'd really like to see an example working config.

Here is the config in the Cisco (less the config of the actual ATM
interfaces):

interface Dialer1
 mtu 1492
 bandwidth 12000