i can't get ppp running

deeptech71 at gmail.com deeptech71 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 29 06:28:16 PDT 2007

Bahman M. wrote:
> Once I had a similar problem on a Linux box (send OK/no receive) and
> after days of playing with settings and configurations I found that
> the problem was the network _cable_. I replaced the cable and it went
> fine without any additional configurations.
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> Bahman

Thank for the suggestion, I've got PPP!

I too don't know why but I've switched cables and some of them worked for ppp,
some of them didn't. But for basic network flow, they all work. WTF?

Nikos Vassiliadis wrote:

 > deeptech71 at gmail.com wrote:
 > >
 > > LAN]--[Microsoft Windows XP w/ routing]--[Dialcom ADSL Bridge]--[line
 > > //WORKS LAN]----[Corega BAR SD hardware router]--[Dialcom ADSL
 > > Bridge]--[line //WORKS LAN]----------[FreeBSD software router]--[Dialcom
 > > ADSL Bridge]--[line //SUCKS :)
 > >
 > > What does FreeBSD suck at?
 >
 > I know FreeBSD PPPoE doesn't suck for sure. Also, if FreeBSD
 > doesn't work for you, that doesn't have to mean it's broken.

What I was trying to get at is that the internet connection can be made with the
hardware router. Which means either that that ADSL modem is in bridging mode
already, or it does not need to be in it at all, but FreeBSD requires some wtf.

Thx again