ath pccard ok on 6.1 600mhz laptop, same card *no* dmesg at all on 6.2 hp laptop

Steve Franks stevefranks at ieee.org
Sat Aug 25 08:15:19 PDT 2007

So, I don't have any dmesg, because I don't get one at all with my
ath0 card that I'm currently typing this on my old dell 600mhz laptop.
 I also have a wi0 card that works on the 600mhz machine, but it gives
a freeze on the new system, and when you remove it, you get "cbb0
ready never happened, staus=00; pccard0 card has no functions".  I've
done my homework, and I know these topics come up, but I can't seem to
google an answer...I really, really, really hate hp/compaq.  I love
the way it disables the machine if you try to put an atheros card in
the internal minipci slot.  Shouldn't have bought the $400 laptop.
What can I say, I used to be a windows user ;) This is my last windows
machine to fall to bsd, at least it is if I can get a NIC in it to
work.

Thanks,
Steve

--