Postfix/SpamAssassin Guru?

Paul Schmehl pauls at utdallas.edu
Fri Aug 24 09:11:59 PDT 2007

--On Friday, August 24, 2007 09:46:32 -0500 Eric <heli at mikestammer.com>
wrote:

> Eric Crist wrote:
>>
>> This is also a reply to Paul Schmehl.
>>
>> I've got Postfix with Dovecot and virtual users setup.  What I'm looking
>> for is some filtering based on the flags SpamAssassin sets, so that I
>> can route any messages tagged as Spam to a Spam directory with a users
>> maildir.  I've done a ton of searches, etc, and I can't seem to figure
>> this one out.  Also, I'm having a hard time (partially due to lack of
>> effort, I'm guessing), getting DKIM/DomainKeys setup for my domains
>> within Postfix.
>>

> Same setup here basically: Dovecot, Postfix, SA, clamav, postgrey and
> amavisd
>
> i use procmail to filter things. it works well and was easy to integrate.
> I never played with DKIM though.
>
> I must say that most of the spam that does come in I never see in a spam
> folder. its too high on the scores to even get delivered
>
> if you havent played with postgrey yet, give it a whirl. it works wonders.

You may also want to consider using policyd-weight
(/usr/ports/mail/postfix-policyd-weight).  A mail server I maintain is
rejecting about 80% of the mail through policyd-weight before it ever
reaches postfix (no false positives.)

You should be able to use dkfilter to handle domain keys:
 /usr/ports]# make search name=dkfilter
Port:   dkfilter-0.11
Info:   Domainkeys filter for Postfix

--