spammers harvesting emaill address from this list

Pollywog lists-fbsd at shadypond.com
Thu Aug 23 15:28:19 PDT 2007

On Thursday 23 August 2007 21:37:53 dgmm wrote:

> So rather than look for multiple methods to reduce the amount of incoming
> to *my* address I should just accept it all and filter it locally?
>
> That seems rather irresponsible to me,  ANy method which can help stop it
> source appeaers on the face of it to be a better solution.

I suggest you use a different email address for your mailing list
subscriptions.  You can filter so that any mail that does not come from a
known list server is sent to /dev/null.  Of course it will mean that any
replies sent to you off-list would be lost but it would for the most part fix
the spam problem.

Don't let the spammers frustrate you :)