spammers harvesting emaill address from this list

Tore Lund toreld at netscape.net
Thu Aug 23 11:11:58 PDT 2007

Peter N. M. Hansteen wrote:
> Seriously, I can see some logic in removing or obfuscating email
> addresses in web accessible list archives, but making it hard to
> impossible for other list subscribers to followup to poster would make
> the freebsd mailing lists a lot less useful.

Maybe so.  But we could be allowed to register two addresses - one that
we use for sending and another one for reception of list mail.  And if
someone prefers to use a bogus sending address, that should not matter
as long as the other address is real.

I should like to see a system of this sort (or similar) on all the
FreeBSD mailing lists.
--
    Tore