spammers harvesting emaill address from this list

Erik Trulsson ertr1013 at student.uu.se
Thu Aug 23 06:20:02 PDT 2007

On Thu, Aug 23, 2007 at 09:11:21AM -0400, fbsd2 wrote:
> It only takes 2-3 weeks after changing my email address I use on the list
> before I start receiving spam on the new email address.
> Other non-fbsd lists I belong to remove the posters email address before the
> post gets sent to the list members.
> Why can't this list do the same thing so the posters email address don't
> show up in the archives on the news group servers where spammers harvest the
> posters email address for targeting spam to?

Because then you would not be able to send your reply to the person asking a
question.  Keep in mind that many people who post here are *not* subscribed
to the list and therefore will not be able to read answers that only go to
the list.  Therefore their e-mail addresses need to be visible to everybody.

--
<Insert your favourite quote here.>
Erik Trulsson
ertr1013 at student.uu.se