where oh where has my converter stuff gone?

dgmm freebsd01 at dgmm.net
Tue Aug 21 15:26:27 PDT 2007

On Tuesday 21 August 2007, Gary Kline wrote:
> 	Guys,
>
> 	Where does the ps2ascii and related converter files live in
> 	ports?  I thought they were part of the distribution, but nope.
> 	pdftopdf was one.
>
> 	thanks for any clues!
>

> 	gary

Starting with:

cd /usr/ports && make search name=ps2ascii

leads me to

Port:   dvips2ascii-1.3
Info:   PostScript (created by dvips) to ascii conve

sounds close, but maybe no cigar so lets have a look at the pkg-descr

cat /usr/ports/print/dvips2ascii/pkg-descr

dvips2ascii
This is a PostScript-to-ascii converter which works for PostScript
files created by dvips. Results are usually better than using ps2ascii
which comes with ghostscript.

Bingo!  It's part of ghostscript, unless, of course you find dvips2ascii works
for you  :-)

--
Dave